But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Project Day 1 and 2

Our kids are on vacation with their Pop and JoJo this week at the beach. So, I decided this would be a GREAT time to do a project that I have been wanting to do for a while. Brian, on the other hand, would rather not. I talked him into it, and he and I have worked very hard. The project is moving both of them in to a different room, and moving all toys into the room above the garage, which has previously been Nathan's bedroom. Nathan is moving to MM's room which is painted pepto bismol pink. Don't think that is going to go over too well with an eight yr old boy. Our first job was to clean out the old computer/play room and get it ready to paint. This will be MM's new room. We told them they could have one focal wall painted their choice, the others neutral. Mari Morgan chose purple, we chose lavender. She also requested polka dots. Here is room 1 of our project!


Brian is a perfectionist when it comes to painting. I painted some, also, but he didn't take a pic of me.



This is why I didn't paint much. This wall was not supposed to be painted!! OOPS!



She actually has 1 1/2 walls painted her color because of the way the room is laid out.




At 11:00 last night I cut out a stencil for a polka dot. Then, I painted them on the wall. It was a lot more work than I thought it would be. Whew!



Ready to get toys out of the floor, and move her furniture in. Yeah!!! Hope she likes it.


I will post the rest of our project later- Nathan's room. His request- lizards and green- imagine that!!

1 comment: