But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Prayer

I am really enjoying Lord, Teach Me to Pray- a Bible study by Kay Arthur.  I struggle with prayer and the power it can have in your life.  This has taught me, so far, how we are supposed to pray based on the Lord's Prayer.  I have really learned what it means to hallow God's name.  It's amazing that I have memorized and said this verse since childhood not really understanding the fullness of its meaning.  I look forward to my time in the morning as God shows me even more.  My prayer is that I will always "hallow" His name.  If anyone else struggles with prayer and the power it gives, I highly recommend this study.

Quote from this study which spoke to me:

"Many who would never think of taking the Lord's name in vain by swearing or by speaking it in a casual way still desecrate His name when they doubt, deny, or defame His character."

No comments:

Post a Comment