Thursday, January 15, 2009
Today I kept my friend Amanda's children while she worked. One might think I'm not a very god babysitter when I tell you what all happened. Brayden, who is a two year old boy started crying upstairs saying he was wet. I went up and found that he had plugged the sink up and the water had overflowed. The bathroom was flooded! He was drenched! The door was closed to the bathroom so I didn't hear a thing. These children play at my house a lot, so they play upstairs by themselves a lot, just in case you're wondering why I was not upstairs. Then, Karis their 4 year old, tumbles down the stairs and she starts crying with her toe. Did she break it? No- atleast I don't think so. Finally to top it all off, I fed them Ranch dressing and carrots with their sandwiches at lunch. About 5 bites into it I thought, "I better look to make sure this dressing does not have eggs in it." Why? Because Brayden is allergic to eggs. Written on the bottle big as ever- ALLERGY WARNING: egg. I freaked out, broke out into a sweat, and called mom. Mom was calm, cool, and collected as she always is, makes me sick. She said give him Benadryl. So I did and he was fine. How thankful we are for Benadryl! I was totally exhausted when they left and passed out on the couch while my daughter watched a movie. We did have a good day regardless of all the scares. Below are a few pictures.