But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Tuesday, January 27, 2009


Their greatest concern was the head injury.  Brian says I appeared dead to him when he first saw me in ER.  Tubes were everywhere and blood coming out every hole in my body.  The docs told my family I would not make it through the night.  Those words were shared with my family many of the weeks during the seven I was there.  I went from being an independent person, to depending on someone for my every need.  Someone had to bathe me, clothe me, and feed me.  After numerous surgeries and rehab I have recovered.
The only things that remain are head issues and a nerve damaged right hand.  I was angry with God for a long time.   I did not pray.  I did not read my Bible.  God woke me up one morning, though.  You see, I was supposed to have eye surgery because I was cross-eyed.  God began to move my eyes back to their correct position one day before my surgery.  He said, "Paige, look what I have done".   
When He said this to me I was reading my Bible for the first time in 3 months.  Guess what I was reading?  One of the miracles about Jesus healing the blind.  I  bursts into tears and couldn't get down the stairs fast enough to tell my family.  I will NEVER forget that day!  Since then it has been a very slow healing  process both physically and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment