But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Thursday, January 22, 2009



My beautiful pink bandage


I am sitting on my couch with my feet propped up.  Why? Because I have to.  I had to have toe surgery today on an ingrown toenail.  I have been up with it for two nights and had the surgery today and I'm afraid I'll be up some more tonight.  The feeling has come back and it is throbbing pretty hard.  He gave me three shots in the tip of my toe before the surgery.  Poor Brian.  I embarrassed him to death.  I screamed to the top of my lungs!  I am not exaggerating.  There is a permanent mark on his finger where I squeezed it.    The doctor gave me some pretty powerful pain medicine, so I'll be out in a bit.  The kitchen is dirty from supper and there is laundry to be done.  But, it will have to wait.  Thankful for all the people that prayed for me today.  I needed it.  The doctor says it will feel like I have a brand new toe tomorrow morning.  We'll see.  Bedtime will be a little different tonight.  I will not be going up the stairs to tuck my kiddos in-sad.  In the middle of all this I think of what a great God we have.  He comforts us even over a petty toe issue.        

No comments:

Post a Comment