But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

During this time, the Lord blessed us with Nathan, a healthy baby boy.  Then, three years later, blesssed us with Mari Morgan, a healthy baby girl.  I was so scared that because of all the trauma my body had gone through that I would not be able to carry a baby full term.  Guess what?  No complications!!!  That was the best I had ever felt.  Almost tempts me to have another.  Not really!  Every baby is a miracle, but I believe my babies may be extra special ones. My health started going down again the summer of 2005.  The doctor found an aneurysm behind my right eye, which he felt had been there since the wreck.  I became depressed and wanted to give up.  I began to have "why me" parties again.  I grew very far away from the Lord.  My whole life was a front.  God healed me through yet another surgery and once again healed me spiritually after reading Psalm 42.  I hit my face in confession and praise!
So, all is okay,right?  Not exactly.  Yes my walk with the Lord was better, but I still carried around bitterness inside about what this wreck had done to my family and me.  Then, I attended a weekend retreat in the spring of '08 called Faithwalk.  I left kicking and screaming not wanting to go, but I returned a changed person.  God convicted me of the sin of bitterness while I was there and in a stream of tears I laid it at His feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment