But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Time of Reflection

I have a few goals this summer. I hope to clean out and organize closets. Things get pretty ignored when you are a working mom. I also plan on training for the 5K that the whole family plans to run in December. My goal this summer is to build up to walking 3 miles at one time without falling out! To most people this is a drop in the bucket, but for me it is huge!! Lastly, but most importantly, I want to grow in His Word, training myself in spiritual discipline.

We just got back from a 10 day trip to Florida. I grew a lot on this trip. I started a daily guided reading -- "Praying the Names of God", by Ann Spangler. It has been so good, and exactly what I need at this stage in my life! I have studied Elohim--GOD, Mighty Creator, and El Roi--the God who sees me.

We are the reflection of God's glory and we are made to reflect His character to the world! So often we miss God's beauty because we are so preoccupied by its flaws. I feel that the word preoccupied describes how I have been lately. You miss out on so much when you are in this state. Praise God that His eye is on the sparrow! When you pray to El Roi, you pray to one who knows everything about you. He hears your cries for help, and offers timely help. Praise Him!
I am also reading the book, Crazy Love, by Francis Chan. Unbelievable display of God's Love and overwhelmingly convicting! I have discovered that I am missing it!
Pictures coming soon from our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment