But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Friday, June 17, 2011

El Shadday (El-Shai-day)

I have shared with you that I am doing a daily reading by Ann Spangler called Praying the Names of God. Today, I just completed the study of El Shadday--God Almighty. When you pray to Him in this name we invoke the name of the one to whom nothing is impossible. Genesis 17:1-2 are the key verses. Below are some statements that spoke to me:
* El Shadday is also translated "God the Mountain One"--like the mountains themselves God is seen strong and unchanging!
*Nothing can keep our God from carrying out His plans and pouring out his blessings on our lives!
Proverbs 18:10--"The name of the Lord is a strong tower:
the righteous run in to it and are safe."

No comments:

Post a Comment