But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Friday, July 30, 2010

School Cont...

Wow! What a day! My day started early this morning. I attended a new teacher orientation from 7:15-3:00. When we first arrived at Hernando High, our principals greeted us with bags of freebies and we had Chick-Fil-A biscuits for breakfast! Then, we were off to hear the speaker for the day, Larry Bell. I had heard that he was a powerful speaker, and I heard right! He was hilarious. He really encouraged us to go the extra mile to touch each child in our room. I am very excited to meet "my babies"!

At lunch, this man sitting across from me asked me how I got my war wombs? He was referring to my scars. I got to share with him the goodness of the Lord. I started tearing up and so did a friend beside me. God has just taken me so far to get me to this point. I have desired a teaching job for quite some time, but just didn't think I could do it. Now, I get my chance!

To close out the day, Mr. Kuykendall reminded us of how special we were, and how proud he was to have us in Desoto County. The next statement he said blew me away. He said that there were over 2,000 applications this year, and we were the ones chosen. As I looked around, I saw that there were only about 200 people in that auditorium. Wow! God is so good, and I know this assignment is from Him!

I worked in my room tonight, but still am not finished. Brian has my camera with him on the mission trip, so I took my old camera. Guess what? It was dead! I even replaced the batteries and it was still dead. I will post pics on Monday of what I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment