But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Friday, July 16, 2010

Big Day!!

Today was a huge day for me. About 5 years ago, an aneurysm was found behind my right eye. Because of its size and thinness they wanted to remove it. They did a procedure known as coiling. They sent a catheter up through my groin into my head and shot coils into a rather large aneurysm. The coils would keep the blood from entering the aneurysm. Without blood it can no longer grow or rupture. So amazing to me. I had to return after 6 months and again at 18 months for them to check that it was sealed off. They do an arteriogram to check this. This procedure is basically the same process as the coiling procedure. They send the catheter up and take pictures of my coiled aneurysm. One month ago, they called for me to come in and do my 5 year arteriogram follow up. I debated about doing this. It is optional, but they highly recommend it. I have been experiencing a lot of headaches, so I thought it might be best for me to get it checked. Brian's mom and my mom drove down last night to help out. We had to be at the hospital this morning at 5:30. It started out pretty rough. The nurse had to stick me 3 times to get my IV started. I HATE those things. The procedure lasted about an hour. They sedate you, and you have to hold your breath at different times during the procedure. At the end ,the doctor told me that it looked perfect!! While they were rolling me to recovery I broke out in tears. I don't know why God blesses me like He does. At recovery, you have to keep your right leg completely straight for 6 hours-gets very old. Now, I'm propped up on the couch resting. I am not allowed to lift, climb stairs, or bend down. So, that means that I have to take it easy and Mom, Brian, and the kids have to take care of me. So glad this is behind me. Ready to get fully recovered and start working on my school stuff. GLORY TO GOD!!

1 comment: