But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day of School

What a morning!!  My baby, Mari Morgan,  has officially started Kindergarten, and Nathan is now a 3rd grader.  Wow!  Time flies!  Both of them woke up ready to go to school.  As we pulled  out of the driveway, I couldn't believe this day was actually here.  "I am taking both of my children to school", I thought.  My mind was overtaken by this thought. It took forever to find a parking place.  Nathan and I walked MM to her room, and helped her put her things away.  Then, it was kiss and a hug, and a quick bye-bye.  Can you believe I did not cry?  She was so brave and confident, and so at ease.  That sure does make a difference.  As we walked out of the room, I felt this sick feeling inside.  "God will take care of her", I said to myself.   I swallowed a big lump in my throat, and headed to Nathan's room.   Nathan's teacher, Mrs. Miller, met him with a smile.  She asked him to put a clothespin on his shirt as a name tag for the day.   He was shaking from head to toe, and could not get it on.  I put it on for him, and helped him find his desk.  He sat down, and I gave him a hug and a kiss and told him he would be fine.  He smiled and said, "I know".  I left his room a little shaky myself, but knew he would be taken care of.  I love DCES, and am so thankful for their wonderful, Godly teachers.  Praying this will be a great year!!      






My sweet Mari Morgan







My precious big babies!




Special morning

No comments:

Post a Comment