But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Continuing my study of the names of God


Yaweh-Yireh means "to see" translated as "provide". This chapter taught me lot about how provision and obedience and provision go hand in hand.
Key scripture: Abraham looked up and there in the thicket saw a ram caught by its horns . He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided. Genesis 22:13-14
I love this beautiful story, and I can't imagine what was going through his mind on that three day journey to Mt. Moriah.

* Praise God for the provision in your life
* Ask God to help you obey him without hesitation or compromise
*When we put something on the altar, sacrificing it to him, we acknowledge two things; that he is God and we are not.
*Without obedience we will never experience the provision God intends for us .

What is God asking me to do? Do I have the faith of Abraham?

No comments:

Post a Comment