But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just a few thoughts....

This week has been a HUGE week for my husband and I.  Do you ever wonder why God chooses to do things the way he does???  We asked "why" this week when we were struck with a major disappointment.  I was crying uncontrollably, and my husband said these words.  "Paige, the Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord!"  It was at that moment that I realized that God does His will regardless of our desires.  Better yet, it is always for our good!  The fact is, God does not have to answer to us.  He does His will regardless of our thoughts and fears.  We don't see into the future, but our future is His.  He knows what is around the corner.  He is an omniscient God!  It has taken most all of this week for me to soak all of this in.  I'll leave you with a few verses that have truly defined his Lordship over my life this week.

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27:14

Job said,
 "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall return there.  The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord."
Job 1:21

"Finally brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things"
Philippians 4:8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment