But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Friday, March 26, 2010

Journey continues

Over the past month, I have been praying continually about where God wants me to be with teaching. This has consumed both my thought life and prayer life. It has been mentally and emotionally draining, but in a good way. I have experienced God moving in my heart and directing me to where I am supposed to be. I was once very excited about SBEC, and at one time teaching at Veritas. But, through many circumstances and people, God started changing my heart again. God showed me where I am gifted, and where I need to use that gift. I believe God has gifted me in teaching students with many different backgrounds and learning styles. It is not my desire to teach in a classroom where everyone is on the same level. I love the challenge of accommodation!!! God directed me to Hernando Hills Elementary School through very strange ways. I called the principal there, and she asked me to come in and talk. She shared with me that there was a position to finish out the year for a teacher that is ill. We talked close to 2 hours, and I had a peace. So, I will start at HHES the Monday after Easter. It will only be a short time, but I am very excited to go in and help out. Hopefully this will open up a job for me next fall, but I am only concentrating on "the now", and doing a good job. Those kids need me. I thank God for this opportunity, and believe He is in this!! Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment