But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Love My Kiddos!!

My children have been at my mom's and Brian's parents' house since Wednesday.  They called us last night to tell us about their new bikes Pop and JoJo had bought them.  They were sooo excited.  I missed them terribly after I heard their sweet voices and laughter.  Today Brian's dad called and said they were ready to come home.  I couldn't believe it.  I was so glad to get them home.  It's okay for a little while, but then you really start missing them.  We have just put them down and tucked them in.  I thank God for our children- and how God made them each unique and special.  Wow, what an awesome God!!

We are anxiously awaiting tomorrow after church, as we will start our trek to Disney.  I think I am more excited than anyone.  This will be our first "family" vacation by ourselves.  We have always had other family members with us, so this is definitely meaningful for us.   I have been reflecting a lot on the phrase, "hold loosely to all things that are not eternal."  I have prayed that God will use us on this trip- that we would share Him with those who may not know of His love.  Yes, I want to ride things, and get involved in the magic of this great place, but not lose focus of how God may can use us there.  Hopefully we will sleep tonight.  I might have to take some Benadryl because I'm really hyped!!  I'll tell Mickey hello for you all!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment