But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It is official!

Today was new teacher orientation day at the county office. My morning started off very nice and calm. My children were gone, thanks to my good friends Christine Fields and Amanda Lemonds! Thanks guys!! My husband was at a conference in Jackson, so I woke up to a very quiet house. I got up and made a cup of coffee, had my QT, and then started getting ready. They had told me to try to get there around 7:45. I was ready to walk out the door at 7:40 and my keys were not in my purse. They were also not hanging on the key holder. So, I started looking. I looked EVERYWHERE!! I prayed, Lord lead me to my keys! It was now 7:50, and I was starting to panic. (I never panic,ha!) I called Brian and asked him if they were in his truck and he said no. I checked my purse again, and everywhere I had all ready looked. They were nowhere to be founf!! Then, I really started to panic. It was now 7:55 and I had no way to get to my orientation. I looked in my purse one last time as a desperate attempt. They were right there--clear as day. I'm telling you, you can believe me or not, God put those keys in my purse. I arrived at orientation at 8:03 out of breath. I was number 24 for the day, which means I was the last one to get called to do every step and the last person to leave. Oh, well!! It was quite a stressful time as I had to fill out lots of paperwork and choose insurance plans and benefits WITHOUT my husband. I was lost, but I feel like I made good decisions. Thank you Lord for helping me. I sat during the PowerPoint presentation amazed at how God has worked this job out for me. I am so excited to be able to have my very own classroom and minister to third graders!



No comments:

Post a Comment