But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Friday, January 22, 2010

Reflection Time

It has been a very rushed week, and I have felt somewhat overwhelmed with LIFE! Nathan and MM activities, Nathan homework, work, and all the stuff every mom has to do. Not to mention, I have been dealing with some type of bacterial infection in my intestines that will not go away. The doctors are running some test to find the source and treat it. But, in the middle of all of this, last night Brian and I found time to sit down after kids went to bed to have a heart to heart. We each took a piece of paper and listed some things we thought needed to be reevaluated in our relationship. I will not go into detail, but on my list was "love language". We went to a retreat a while back where we took a love language test and discovered we were not "speaking" each others' language. We both admitted last night that we had not done very well in this area. My love language is service, and words of affirmation. In my quiet time this morning, I was reading in Galatians chapter 6. This is the verse that spoke to me. "Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary." His word tells me to keep on going and keep on doing whether or not I get help or thanked for it along the way. It is all for Him anyway.

On a different note, today is the 100th day of school. Mari Morgan's class is celebrating all day! I plan to go and help at some point. Can't wait to post some pics. We created a 100th day outfit for her to wear last night, including 100 little pompoms on her shirt and blue jeans. She was sooooo excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment