But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Friday, December 18, 2009

In Wonder!

This morning, while I am here alone, I have been thinking about Christmas and its true meaning. I am sort of stressed that I have not finished my shopping or wrapping and we leave on Wednesday to go out of town. You see, I was off work this whole week, and had my days planned out to get everything done while my kids were still in school. Sunday afternoon, Mari Morgan started running a fever, so guess what? She has been home with me all week. Then, Tuesday I started feeling bad and went to the doc yesterday and found out I have strep. This is the worst I have felt in quite some time. So, as I sit here, looking at my Christmas tree, I am reflecting on His birth and His special gift to us. Wow! I think I am in love with Jesus more this Christmas than I have ever been before. God doesn't make mistakes, and there is a lesson we need to learn in every situation. Maybe this week has taught me to savor the "true meaning" rather than getting my "to do list" done. Slow down, and actually praise Him for the season! "Glory to God in the highest!" (From Luke 2:14) I pray this Christmas I will tell His story, talk of His miraculous birth even more, and spread His joy with others. Nathan, Mari Morgan, and I watched Charlie Brown Christmas last night. How sweet it was to hear Liones(msp) tell Charlie Brown what Christmas was all about by quoting scripture. Then, to see Charlie Brown's whole attitude change about Christmas. He was in Wonder- amazed! That's how I want to be this Christmas, just in wonder and amazed at His gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment