But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Friday, December 28, 2012

The Beatitudes

I have begun reading through the book of Matthew using SOAP....not what you use to clean your body, but a method of studying the Word.  S--scripture; O-observation; A--application; P--prayer., journaling as I go.   It is amazing that when I read passages how things hit me hard...really hard!  This morning, I had one of those times.  

As I was reading Matthew 5:1-12,  I was reminded of how I fall short in every one one of these areas.   I asked myself which one of these I struggle with the most.  Guess what?  It was all of them.  I encourage you to study these verses, know what they really mean, and be obedient.  I have a loooong way to go...but not what I can DO for God, but to reflect His glory in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment