But He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9a

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Just wondering...

As I mentioned in the last post, this has been a strange 2 weeks for our family. Eleven years ago, shortly after I got out of the hospital from my wreck, it had snowed about 10 inches in North Carolina. We were in seminary housing, and wanted to walk over to our friends' house about a mile away. We bundled up and headed out. We got there and had a great time with hot chocolate and sweet fellowship. On our way home, I fell out in the snow. Try to call an ambulance with 10 inches of snow on the ground. :) Ha! They finally got there and I stayed overnight in the hospital. All the tests looked normal, although I knew it was not normal what had happened. About 2 years later, the same thing happened again in our home in Hernando. Two years later, it happened again driving home from a dentist appointment in Memphis. This same spell happened two weeks ago at church, and then again the day after Christmas. The doctor has now referred me to a neurologist for a brain scan. So, now I get to wait! Although I feel faintish quite a bit, these five times feel different. My head feels numb and tingly, like it weighs 5 tons. I fall to the ground, and then start vomiting. I can't sit up, and my arms and legs have no strength. Why does this happen? The Lord has really been showing me a lot these last couple of days. Spiritual warfare? Satan has definitely used my health in the past to disrupt our family. Our church is growing and moving in positive directions....? To teach me to rely more on God? I tend to forget that God took me from the depths of Sheol to have physical life again...? Whatever the reason, God showed me these verses this morning:

2 Corinthians 4:16
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.

It seems that my lack of health, so to speak, always brings me back to Jesus. Before I even read this passage of scripture this morning, Brian quoted this verse to me before we got out of bed, "But, we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us." That happens to be 2 Corinthians 4:7, which is part of the passage God let me to this morning. Awesome, huh?

God has always taken care of me. What makes me think he will stop now? These verses remind me that I must trust him with every breath, enjoying sweet fellowship with him along the way--abiding in him--getting back to what really matters in life--HIM!


2 comments:

  1. Will never forget the trek through the woods, Paige! I will continue to pray for your health! Love you an miss you bunches!

    ReplyDelete